Our songs are chosen to encourage members to use their hands and feet to tap along to the rhythym of the music. During sessions lots of members also dance-along to the songs they love. To add more fun at sessions, we also provide a range of percussion instruments such as tambourines, maracas, shakers and also colourful streamers, pom-poms, dance ribbons, scarves and other fun props to encourage movement.
Singing is a brilliant aerobic activity. For example it exercises the major muscle groups in the upper body, including the heart and lungs... and the brain gets a really good workout too! Singing, smiling and laughing, combined with our fun dance activities really is very uplifting and energising.
Scientific studies show that the very act of singing aloud helps to...
For more information about the wonderful benefits of singing, please see our Health Benefits and Resource pages.
- strengthen the immune system
- reduce heart rate and blood pressure
- reduce stress
- improve posture
- improve breathing and increase lung capacity
- tone diaphragm, abdominal and intercostal muscles
- help build concentration, memory, and listening skills
- build self-esteem and confidence
- act as an anti-depressant